Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Two-Fer Tuesday!!

Yup, that time again..

Well, I'll start it off with this..

When I left you last week, my wife and I were arguing about who we were talking to, and how it made each other feel.

I have to say that we came to an agreement.

From now on, when I take the "artistic license" to exaggerate, or tell things in "my perspective", I'm going to be letting you all know.

This way, you'll know when I'm full of shit about a scenario, and my wife can turn off the "serious button" and read it for the crap it's meant to be without getting her feelings hurt.

Also, I'm going to try to stay away from sensitive subjects here, as there are quite a few of you out there who do read my stuff from time to time, and because my wife doesn't feel comfortable airing out things to strangers, I'll just give you posts AFTER the problems have come full circle.

Now, onto the bloggery!

This weekend SUCKED.

I mean it.


I've been sick with some kind of flu/chest congestion for nearly 2 weeks now, and it seems to be getting worse instead of clearing up.

I've got the nagging cough, chest congestion, sinus congestion, and sore throat.

I haven't had the aches, pains, fever, or nausea that normally comes from "regular" flu.

However, I've also been taking Zicam, Mucinex, Nyquil, Tylenol (cold flu and sinus), and Vitamin C tablets.

You'd think with all of the pharmacology going on in my system that I'd be kicking this bug.


Not yet.

In fact, I really feel worse today than I did yesterday.

Let's back up for a second here.

Friday was Halloween, and I was able to get home to the family and spend it with them.. Well, Kinda.

We got the kids into costume, and took them over to my mom and dad's house. Why? Because my oldest was going to a youth seminar, and my two younger ones wanted to show off their costumes. My daughter was Bat Girl, and my youngest son was a Motocross Racer.

Well, the kids made a nice haul from my parents, and I was able to ditch one kid there too, so things were looking pretty good so far!

It was at this time that I started coughing up the last lung I had left.

Not a pretty picture, to say the least.

Then, we headed for my in-laws house, for the same reason. Kids needed to show off costumes.

There, they made out like BANDITS. Not only did they get gift bags from grandma, they also got goodies from her two neighbors as well!

So, after going to two houses, my two kids each had their bags about half full, and the night hadn't even really started yet!

Then, we took the kids over to see my wife's neice. Yup. More candy. And I was on a steady downhill fall. Not only was the cough bad, but it was giving me a headache because of the constant pressure on my sinuses FROM coughing!

Well, we left there, and went to get some food. The kids made an informed decision, and we went to McDonald's. I don't know WHAT posessed us to go there, but we went.

Yeah. It was packed. So, after waiting a little while for that, we were on our way to her brother's house, where we were supposed to meet, and then take the kids around their neighborhood for some real trick-or-treating.

Me? I needed something for a headache.

Yeah. I'm a party-pooper like that.

So, because of my cough and head, I volunteered to stay behind at the house, and hand out candy for everyone who showed up.

It was boring.

Yes. Boring.

There I was, sick, coughing, fighting a nasty headache, and trying to be chipper about all of the kids showing up in costumes to get candy..

It was quite pathetic, and the ONLY saving grace was that I was able to at least see some scary movie sequences..

I really didn't enjoy my weekend.

That, and I'm really regretting showing up for work today as well, to be honest.

I just don't like being sick, and having to deal with the medicine head stuff.

It really drives me NUTS.

I'll write more later, gotta scoot for now!


just a girl... said...

sorry you are sick that sucks. and my Halloween was also boring, I didnt even give out candy this year.

Bee's Musings said...

What time did you start? That seems like way too much to do in a weekend much less ONE day!
Or maybe I'm just lazy?

Jormengrund said...


We started at 4pm, and I finally was able to drag my sick butt to bed about 9pm..

So all in all, a pretty LONG night for a sicko!

AirmanMom said...

Feel better soon! This *bug* seems to be hanging on for weeks on end. My pregnant daughter has had it for a couple of weeks...she wants NyQuil to help her sleep, but sips on decaf tea instead :(

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...