Monday, September 15, 2008

Things that can piss me off.....

Today I "volunteered" to come into work for some overtime.

Now, I'm no saint. The main reason I agreed was because I like seeing my checks with that healthy extra chunk of change on payday. But I was also trying to help out a co-worker of mine who was behind on work.

The person in question had taken two days off of work for their anniversary, and one of the lovely and ingenious management staff didn't fill their position, so the work was left unfinished.

I volunteered to come in and help this person get caught up today.

NOT.. EVEN.. CLOSE....

I knew it was going to be bad when I pulled into the parking lot, and was already being asked to do things BEFORE I EVEN GOT IN THE FREAKING DOOR!

Give me a break people! I'm not even on the clock yet, and you're trying to tell me that you need something done?!?!

I tell you what.. Next time, buy a brain, and then it might work a little better than the last time you looked at it..

Needless to say, I wasn't able to help the person in question, plus the work I was hoping to get done is still piled up on my desk, and I'm in one really foul mood now....

I guess it pays to be smart, I just wish there were two or three others here that could help fill in from time to time..

I'm going home, and play some video games where I can blow the shit out of some stuff for a while.. Get all my hostile aggressions out before the wife and kids get home....

No comments: