Thursday, October 29, 2009

Furious!

I'm seething.

Truly, my work has sunk to a new level of lowness.

This last week, my HR director gave out the awards to people who have been with the company for a few years.

In this company, we give out special awards for those who have been here 2 years, and then more awards at 5, 10, 15, etc..

Well, we had about 12 folks who hit the 5 year mark this year, and were all given their gifts and certificates. We applauded for them, and were happy to see that they have been such assets to the longevity of the workplace.

The next day?

My HR manager walked out TWO of the folks who recieved 5 year awards.

The reason? The lack of meeting productivity goals.

Really??

These folks have done the same job the same way for the last 5 years, and you've not seen fit to complain about it until after you acknowledge their ability to stay with the company?

I mean, you give them a small gift as a "thank you" for their spending their time and effort at your company, and then right afterwards, you kick them in the crotch, and leave them in the gutter??

I seriously hope that our HR manager gets some kind of karmic retribution for the crap that she's pulling here. I really and honestly do.

Hope you have a great week, I'm going to see about sharpening some of my letter openers for now!

No comments: