Wednesday, October 28, 2009

You know it's the government when:

I got this little tidbit of information off my desk calendar at work..

In 2002, the Department of Homeland Security asked for, and was given funding for these national monuments that they thought were likely targets for terrorist action:

The World's Largest Ball of Paint in Alexandria, Indiana ($12 million)

Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Art Museum in Alamo Heights, Texas ($10 million)

The Museum of Bad Art in Dedham, Massachusetts ($31 million)

Carhenge (Stonehenge replica made completely of junked cars) in Alliance, Nebraska ($25 million)

And finally, The Giant Lava Lamp in Soap Lake, Washington ($143 million)

I often wonder just how much it would cost to REALLY get a security company, and charge each place this much to patrol their area..

I think I'd be able to retire nice and comfortably after a couple years of doing nothing.. Don't you?

No comments: