Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Struggling to find my niche..

You know, I never really know what to write about on here at times..

I mean, I want to be funny, and I like to keep things light-hearted.

However, there are times where things just really bother me, and I feel that they need to be said. At times like those, I air them here, since I can basically say what I please, and really not feel like I'm being judged or condemned for my viewpoint.

If I felt that way, I could always turn off comments. However, with as few readers as I've got, that really doesn't amount to much, now does it?

There are times where I've talked with some friends from my past, and I'll remember something funny, and write about it.

There are times where something has happened in my family life, and I write about it.

There are times where I've seen something on the news, and I've complained about it.

And then there are the times where I have no clue what to write about, and so I give you more examples of the idiots I work with.

However, how many times can someone call a moron an idiot before it gets TOO redundant?

I mean, if I keep beating you all over the head about the brainlessness of some of my coworkers, it stops being funny, and starts getting mundane and annoying, doesn't it?

I'm no savvy writer. I can't Google some phrase, and come up with some funny diatribe about the economy, or Obama, or the housing market, or the financial system, or anything like that and tickle your funny bone.

I'm sure that my past isn't something many folks want to read about. In between the bouts of abuse and neglect, the times where I tried to innocently kill my brother and I with cars, and basically be a wild kid are overdone on many blogging sites.

My family life is something that I find interesting. However, my wife doesn't share my point of view, and so in the interest of keeping my manhood and family life secure, I'm no longer blogging about this as well!

So...

What to write about?

I could waste more time wondering out loud about this, and go completely nowhere with this blog entry today, or I could come to the point.

My point?

I'm going to write about my interests and hobbies. Maybe at some point I'll toss in a memory or some rant about our financial situation, but for the most part, it's going to be about things that I do for fun and hobbies.

I'll start tomorrow.

Like all good procrastinators, I know how to put off doing something!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

i don't know...i babble incessantly about nothing and always wonder why people read posts that are so random i can't even think of a suitable title.

but i still like hearing about the idiots that other people work with. it makes me feel like the ones in my office aren't that bad.

Bee (the one who muses) said...

My blog is completely random. I spread some work gossip here, rant about the hubs and my family there and for dessert I point out how awesome I am. But then again, my hobby is my blog so there you go. ;o)

The Hussy Housewife said...

I say this is your personal diary..that gives you the right to talk about what ever you want. If someone don't like it, then they can buzz off. You don't want to suppress anything you feel based on what others think. Your blog. You say what you want!

That is my opinion anyway...I never said I was the smartest peanut in the turd.

Dana said...

Well, my advice, for what it is worth, is just to write. Don't get hung up on what you want the blog to be, but let the blog be what it is.

Of course, I don't have the outside influences that you have dictating what I can and cannot blog about *shrugs*