Thursday, February 26, 2009

My first Award!!


Veronica, at Another Suburban Housewife, gave me an award while I was out on vacation.


I'm actually quite stunned, because I feel that there are so many blogs out there that are so much more worthy than mine, all I do is write down the silly and interesting things I have happen to me, and for some reason, folks seem to like it.


There are apparently rules with this award, and they are as follows:


1. Have to post the fabulous Logo (as seen above)


2. Nominate some folks for their blogs.


3. Have to hyper link your nominees.


4. You must tell your nominee that they WON! Hello? How would they know if you didn't comment on their blog.


5. Finally Hyperlink the blogger who gave you such a wonderful gift.


Pretty easy, except that I'm going to have to figure out how to add the stinking logo.. Arrgh!


Ok, nominees...


I nominate Real Live Lesbian, mainly for the fact that she's always an interesting read.


I also am going to nominate my wife, Gottaluvme3, as she's my inspiration for nearly everything that I write.


ASM stole Dana from Amid Life's Crisis, so I'm going to go with Bee, from Bee's Musings


And lastly, I'm going to nominate Brad, from Diaries of the Professor.


Hope that satisfies everyone...


Now.. on to the fun..



Day three of vacation..
TO be honest, we were BEAT. Two days of non-stop walking, fighting with crowds, and just being in a hurry to get things done. It was time for a break.
The nice thing about having a long time to enjoy a vacation is the fact that you can pick and choose your timetable. For our day of rest, it decided to rain in the normally sunny Southern California, so we took the day off to recoup, and just take some time for family.
We played games, slept in, went down and played pool and ping-pong in the recreation room at our hotel, and basically took it easy.
The adults sat around for a while and discussed options for the rest of the week, and we planned out what days we'd be having lunches or dinners at the hotel, and what days were going to be spent dishing out cash for lavish treatment.
The decision was made to travel to Universal Studios the following day, and spend the entire day there. Then the following two days could be utilized to play around again at Disneyland and California Adventure. Everyone agreed with this decision, and ideas were tossed around. One was to spend the first day back to Disneyland early, and have a "Character Breakfast" with some of the Disney Characters making visits to your table while you ate. This was a great idea, and the younger two of my kids adored this idea.
So we went grocery shopping to get food for the times we'd spend in the room, some extra snacks and such for the parks, and then we watched a bit of TV, had some dinner, and played a few more games before calling it a night, and crashing in order to get ready for the next day of fun.. Except for the nasty LA traffic, that is!
Universal Studios Tour is tomorrow.. Don't miss it!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the award! I'm not surprised at all...you always provide a good read!
You vacation sounds as though it was a blast!
~AM

Real Live Lesbian said...

Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it along to me! I'm honored!

Keep having fun on the vaca!

Thinkinfyou said...

Congrats on your award!

Dana said...

ASM didn't get all of me! There is plenty to go around!!

Congrats on the award - you are very deserving!

And Universal Studios is, IMHO, far better than Disneyland ever hoped to be!

Ashly Star said...

Congratulations on the award!

I like what you write because of the way you write. You don't try to make things seem grand and bigger than they are. You write with a little flare but you don't overdo anything and it's very easy to read. Plus, you're funny. :)

Hope y'all keep having fun! ;)

Jeanne Estridge said...

Came by to say thanks for your kind words on my guest post over at Tracie's.

I'm sick and tired of all the whining I hear on the media these days, so it's good to hear you had a great vacation!

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

What the hell?

Jorm, I thought we had a friendship going here.

You "hope this satifies everyone"?

Do YOU think I sound satisfied???

And here, all this time I've been worried about you going on Vacation on Friday the 13th against my advice. :P