Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Think..

Back in the day, I loved the group Information Society.

Why?

Because it was wanna-be techno music, and it also incorporated Star Trek samples into their music!

Win-win baby!

I really actually enjoyed the lyrics and message that they had for their earlier music. If you could get by the industrial electronic underground sound, there was a passionate and living lyric under that throbbing and beating pulse of sound.

Take this lyric from their song "think":

Imagine if I said I sometimes need you I need you to this day.Imagine if I said I sometimes hear you call my name.Imagine if I said I still could love you.Imagine what you'd say.Imagine if I said I sometimes still can see your face.Think about all the things we shared.Think about all the times we cared.When all of your hopes have come and gone,Think about me and I'll be there.There's something in the air that feels like winterThe kind we used to know.Yesterday can seem like such a long, long time ago.Who could ever count the miles between us?But now I know it's true.

That's a powerful message right there.. I mean, it's not STUNNING or anything, but it does effectively get the point across, doesn't it?

I wish I could get more folks to let me know what their favorite songs were, so I could listen to the messages that they enjoy listening to...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9-ZsstyUM8 -SG Alexis