Thursday, November 13, 2014

The "Missing" Holiday revisited

Well, I don't know what's going on, but the push for more and more merchandising has buried Thanksgiving YET AGAIN!

I'm lost.

I mean, before Halloween was over, there were TONS of stores in my area all decked out in Christmas lights, tinsel, and other decorations.

Before Halloween was over!!

I don't get it anymore. When did the "almighty" dollar mean more than personal values?

I mean, the dollar really isn't that valuable when you think about it. I'd much rather have Chinese or Indian currency right now.

I want there to be some kind of major grass-roots push to rekindle the love of Thanksgiving.

I mean, it's a perfect transition from "greed and gimme" Halloween to the spirit of giving with Christmas.

With Thanksgiving, you're thankful for all the blessings you have. Friends, family, food, life, love, happiness!

Without it.. What are the holidays all about if not to stuff the pockets of some nameless, faceless shopkeepers?

Who's with me? Who is willing to get folks to push back, and WANT to recognize Thanksgiving not just as a "free" paid holiday, but one that is worth some extra attention?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am with you!

tom said...

nice

http://www.jetessay.com/ said...

I'm also with you. If added, I'd like to bring some positive side to the topics mentioning that we had at the company rather a warm and heartfelt celebration coming together and sharing grateful stories!