Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Changes!

Well, it's final. I filed papers, and in January, I become single yet again!

However, I'm not one to just sit around and mope. No, I decide to do things when I'm frustrated and irritated.

What did I do this time you might ask?

Only got myself into debt about $50k.

That's right. This old man is going back to school.

I can't believe it, and to be honest it scares me a bit. I mean, I like school, but I was never really good at paying attention and following rules ordered to me by someone who never really stepped outside of a classroom to actually put what they preach into action.

The "do as I say, not as I do" approach doesn't work with parenting, so why should some professor expect it to work in life??

Anyway, that's my goal, and I'm hoping for a fresh start, and new opportunities to make something more of myself not only for me, but for my kids as well.

Only time will tell, and I'm of the mindset that nothing can stop me now but myself.

Here's to hoping that I don't stop!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Good for you! Change *can* be good, and you might surprise yourself going back to school. I found my school experience much different when I went back (at 40).

It sounds like you are making some positive progress - making decisions and moving forward - instead of letting life happen to you.