Monday, August 3, 2009

Quirks..

Do you ever wonder where we get some of our quirks?

You know..

I've got a few that really tend to annoy the wife.

Here's one for example:

I HATE doing laundry. I don't know why. I mean, it's easy. You put the sorted clothes into the machine, the machine does the work, and you toss said batch into the dryer, then fold and put away.

Easy, peasy.

But I honestly HATE to do it.

However, when I do this most heinous of chores, I tend to go overboard.

My wife just likes to have colors and whites sorted. That's it. Colors with colors, and whites with whites. Nothing more.

Me? Oh no..

Colors go with colors, unless they're jeans, which have their own pile, and towels which have another. Oh, not to mention delicates, and I tend to keep underwear in a pile all by itself.

So I don't just have TWO piles of laundry.. No, I usually have 5-6 piles compared to the two that the wife has.

Why do I do this? What caused me to hate this job, but be obsessively anal-retentive about it?

I don't know. I can't seem to explain it. It's just me.

There are others... Trust me.

I mean, how many folks do you know who come home from work and can disappear into the bathroom for at least an hour?

My wife knows one.

Heck, he's done more reading there than all through his school and college years!

Why?

Dunno. But heck, it's me!

I'm going to sit back, and take it easy for a bit, but I'm going to open up a kind of Q&A session.

Email me questions you want to know about.. I don't care if they're serious or not, and I'll come up with some kind of answer for you.

It may be serious, but don't positively count on it, ok?? I can't make a promise like that!

You can send all emails to jormengrund@hotmail.com, and I'll make sure to file them and answer them as I get time.

You have a great summertime, and I'll talk with you all later!

1 comment:

Biscuit said...

I don't mind *doing* laundry. In fact, I like it. It's the putting away of the laundry that I hate. We have a tiny house and not enough space, so putting away clothes is a challenge.