Friday, January 9, 2009

I didn't forget you all!!

Yeah, I'm late in posting today.

It's been a weird and hectic week for me for some reason.

First, there's the whole thing about getting my little car into the repair shop..

Then, there's the added hassle of learning the quirks of a different car. Namely, a Jeep with an attitude that totally clashes with me.

Add to this the fun of severe snow and rainstorms, with a dash of flooding tossed in just to keep things interesting..

And finally, have some of my corporate bosses show up to audit and do their fiscal year-end inspections, and things get CRAZY.

Yeah. Lots of interesting stuff going on..

At least the rain's stopped for now, and the water levels can drop some. I'm lucky. I live on a hill, so even though I get more snow than others, I don't really have to worry much about flooding.

If my place floods, then I better be looking for the replacement for Noah, because about 70% of the Earth's surface is going to be under!

My folks know that if they need to get out there's a place here for them. (I haven't told my wife that yet, but seeing as she reads this, she will now! Love you honey!)

I have never really seen much hospitality this last Christmas season. Yet when you toss in a flood? Folks tend to open up doors just to help those who used to have shelter keep warm and dry.

Yeah, the Christmas spirit might have been missing on the due date, but it did show up, just fashionably late in my area!

You can always tell the good folks by how they react in stressful and serious situations.

Those that step up and take charge and responsibility are those you know you can rely on to help out in your time of need. They are the ones who might be quiet and reserved, but will give you the shirt off their back if you're in serious need.

I tend to be one of those kind of people. Yeah, I talk and blather about all sorts of things on here. But since this isn't a face-to-face kind of confrontation, and I don't have to look into anyone's eyes, I tend to say what's on my mind with no thought to consequences.

In person? I'll talk and chit-chat. However, I don't really say much about myself, and keep mostly reserved.

How I'm able to do this, I really don't know. I talk and talk and TALK about absolutely NOTHING at all, and can still keep folks interested and engaged, yet reveal nearly nothing about myself, and still keep my caring personality well hidden..

My wife hates it.

It made me very effective as a DJ and Karaoke host, since I could make each and every person feel like they were the star of the show, while I personally couldn't stand about 85% of the stuff that was going on!

Anyway, I'm thankful for this clearing in the weather. The ground and myself can dry out a bit, take a breath, and prepare for the next big one, since this is the time of year for nasty weather.

How about all of you?

Anything you're really looking forward to at the start of this new year?

1 comment:

The Hussy Housewife said...

Finally made it over here!! Excuse me for not knocking first.

I have been dealing with the same stuff..snow..rain..flooding. I just got back from a 9 day snowboarding trip..came home to NO snow. I am PISSED! Old Jack Frost can go screw himself!!

Kuddos for living high on the hill!