Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Awhua?!??

OK..

Normally, I'm not one for really picking on folks....

Wait, wait.. I take that back.

I'm usually the FIRST person to pick on someone about strange things.

However, with this one, I decided to leave well enough alone. So I'm going to blog about it, and snicker under my breath.

The person in question is one of my "upper management" people. This person has repeatedly told me about his education, his skills, his schooling, and why all of this makes him a far better candidate for a higher-paying job than me.

To be honest, I could care. I've got the job I was shooting for, I'm resonably happy, and I don't have to deal with the corporate asshats nearly as often as someone even one step higher on the company ladder.

This person has been nagging me since the end of November for a new monitor.

The problem has been that it's a "fuzzy" picture.

I'd go into the office, and see nothing but a crystal-clear screen. So I wouldn't do anything about this problem.

Lo and behold, last week I noticed something while walking past the "faculty" lounge.

This said manager was using reading glasses to read the paper.

Does anyone else make the connection here?

Yeah.

While using the monitor, this manager refused to use their glasses. Thus, a "fuzzy" screen to read.

Well, I got sneaky. I started a polite conversation, and pulled out my own glasses to read. This opened up a discussion on prescriptions, and I mentally noted what their prescription was for.

Then, dear reader, I went online, and ordered a "privacy screen" that also doubles as a set of reading glasses for this manager.

It arrived yesterday, and I put it over the screen. I got a call about 10 minutes later thanking me for the "new" monitor that I'd replaced the "old" one with.

Yeah. I'm sneaky like that.

But heck, as long as they're smarter than me, I know that my job will forever be safe!

7 comments:

Jennybean said...

HEHEHE I love it!

PinkPiddyPaws said...

Nice!!!

Thinkinfyou said...

LOL! I got over not wanting to wear my glasses in the fifth grade.

Ashly Star said...

Lol! Nice job. ;)

Real Live Lesbian said...

That's damn funny!

Dana said...

O.M.G I was laughing soooo hard by the time I got to the end of this! Good work!

Jaime said...

that's great!

i wish the computer people at the office would fix MY broken monitor. or at least get me ear plugs so i don't have to listen to the high pitched sounds it is constantly making...