Tuesday, December 2, 2008

(Tagged) 2-Fer Tuesday

Well, while I was out, I got tagged..

So, thanks to Bee at Bee's Musings, I'm going to try my hand at this.

The rules are simple.

First, Link the person who tagged you. Then post the rules on your blog.

Next, share seven random or weird facts about yourself

Then, tag 7 random people and include links to their blogs.

Finally, let each person you've tagged know about it by commenting on their blogs.


So now that this is all done, it's time for the facts.weirdness..

1. I never knew how tall I was while in the service. The main reason for this was because one doctor that measured me was quite a bit shorter than I was, and after his physical I was listed as being 6'5" tall. A year later, I had a doctor that was taller than me give me yet another physical, and according to that one, I'd shrunk, as I was only 6'2" tall afterwards. Because of this, I tend to tell folks that I'm somewhere between 6'3 and 6'4. I let them decide, it's easier that way!

2. I completely adore the cheesy Kung-Fu shows that used to be on TV. Especially when they weren't able to sync up the mouth movements with the dialogue. I also loved the snap/crack of the punches and kicks. It reminded me of the times when I used to cut wood in the winter.

3. I am a voracious sci-fi fantasy book reader. Right now my favorite series is by Jim Butcher called The Dresden Files. I love the mix of reality and fantasy that he's able to combine in these novels. It's like having cake and eating it too!

4. I adore music. Not just one specific type of music. I love it all. Opera, muzak, classical, rock, pop, reggae, soul, r&b, hip-hop.. I have to be honest, I don't like much rap, but there are some good ones there as well, I just have to look harder to find them.

5. I've been able to get places because of my singing. Yes, I actually won a trip to Las Vegas because of my voice. No, it didn't get anywhere after that, but I really enjoyed the trip, and I loved that I was able to bring my wife with me!

6. I hope to one day own a beach house. This has been a dream of mine for a while. Deciding to just pack things up, and head for the beach, and not have to worry about where you're going to stay, because your house is RIGHT THERE. It'll happen, some day..

7. I still have dreams of being in a band. Yes, I don't think the dream will ever die. I'm able to fulfill this dream every so often because of the wonder of the video game systems.. Yes, I play Rock Band avidly when I can, and I live vicariously through my gamer self!

OK. That's it.

Now.. who to tag??

Since I've got _SO MANY_ readers, I'll tag a couple, and see what happens..

I'll first tag my WIFE - gottaluvme3 - at A New Day.

Next, I'll tag Real Live Lesbian, just because I'd love some of her thoughts!

I'll also tag Dana, at Amid Life's Crisis, just because I know how much my wife will love that one!

I'll also tag Brad at Diaries of the Professor, because I haven't sent off his Swapfest gift, so I gotta give him something!

I'll also tag Just A Girl, because I think she got me into the whole truth thing about myself!

I'll also tag Amorous Rocker, because I love her take on things, and would LOVE to see what she's got to say..

Lastly, I tag Siren at Idiot Girl in Action just to see what she'll come up with.

Hope you all have fun, and I'll talk with you later!

10 comments:

just a girl... said...

wow just be careful about how close we get I dont want to get shot by the wife or anything. I will refrain from commenting on her blog or for that matter even going to her blog again. But I have to tell you something blogger to blogger.

I started this blog because of a breakup and I wanted a place to be heard somewhere, where I could say what I wanted when I wanted without fear of what others thought. I made a choice to tell very few people that I even had a blog because I didnt want it to be about them I wanted it to be about ME. I wonder if your wife had a diary if she would allow this type of banter over the words that she wrote down in said diary, or if in her mind that would be somehow different.

I have met many people through my blog, people I consider friends. It truly offends me to read a post that says why bloggers are fake. I dont think that is the case I think its called support, I dont know about your wife but I am far from fake and I can assure you that I am not going to spend hours reading my friends blogs just for the hell of it.

Bottom Line I also have a voice and I like your wife am free to say what I please when I please. The swap is such an innocent ordeal, a way to bring people together in a down economy and have some fun. I wish your wife wasnt so bahumbug and I wish she realized that your blogging isnt about her its about you.

She should be happy that you included her in something soooooo personal to you. ALOT of people share with no one. I also want to tell you that I love reading your posts. and not in a hey i want to screw you kind of way, but in a hey this guy is funny and deals with the same kind of things way.

sorry but I had to get this out. I dont see her getting alot of traffic if her blogs stays the same.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jorm! It's always nice to know more about people. ;o)

Tonya said...

your wife has a gun?

Ok so this is all Bee's fault? just kidding it will be great fun to see what people say.

by the way your a weirdo, i mean that in a good way. Good luck on the Beach House and rock on! "Don't kill the dream execute it" as in make it happen!

Ok before i do this i need to know how to link to someones blog...help me p-p-please.

Ashly Star said...

Haha, interesting set there.

I've done this one before a while back but I have fun doing these things. Lets see what I can come up with for this. Thanks for the tag!

Unknown said...

Good read!


~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

PinkPiddyPaws said...

Whew... escaped the tag.. Wooo..hoo! (pumps fist in the air)

Soooo, beach house huh? Where? Where??? Do tell.

Dana said...

You really want me to get in trouble, don't you??

I'll have to think really, really hard to come up with 7 quirks you know ...

gottaluvme3 said...

I partly played along, does that count??

FYI JAG...dont have a gun, but maybe I should....there shouldnt be any problem with me knowing that jorm blogs: people who are truly committed and in love don't keep things from each other.....don't really care of people read or comment on my blog: I just do it to pass the time.

Real Live Lesbian said...

I'm a lesbian...

that makes me safe, right?

(ducks gun blast)

Gee, seven weird things? I'm so damn common. But I'll work on it. I promise. And you're the first tag I think I've ever done. Be all honored and shit. ;0

just a girl... said...

yo mister I finally finished it.

Oh and Fyi, Yes! Wow! Sad!